However, this is NOT a failure because I am staying immersed in the Word of God. This immersion in the word is helping me to deepen my spiritual roots and I am sure Jesus is happy about that!
Additionally, I find myself speaking from the Bible as naturally as I breathe air. I don't mean I am quoting scripture, I'm not. What I am doing is speaking sentences and phrases from the Bible. I may not be quoting it, but the parts I have read and reread are appearing in my thoughts and speech automatically. I don't know how else to explain it. Is this as clear as mud?
Today I reread my study Bible's introduction to Galatians and Galatians 1:1 - 2:5.
- In these verses, Paul makes the point that the truth of the gospel is free. Salvation is not earned, it is free.
- If anyone shouldn't have been able to be forgiven, it was Paul because of his persecution of Jesus' followers.
- Jesus paid the price for all mankind.
- Paul received the gospel from God, not man and he had to be bold in proclaiming it.
- The apostles he met in Jerusalem didn't disagree with him. The trouble was being caused by false followers who slipped into the church and gave the appearance of holiness.
- These false followers were also adding rules to the gospel of Jesus. There are no rules in the gospel of Jesus Christ.